Wednesday, December 05, 2007

These Talents Come in Handy...


(photo courtesy of Michelle Medina)
The other day, I did a favor for some friends and helped them pick up some furniture. Since the furniture was bigger than the car, I brought along some climbing ropes.

Once the furniture had been hoisted on top of the vehicle, I waved them out of the way, "Allow me."

I worked quickly, sometimes employing the friends whose mouths stood wide open to hold pieces of rope. Within minutes that furniture was securely in place, and would not be slipping an inch as we made our way over one of those lovely San Francisco hills.

I get a thrill and a laugh out of these little ways in which some of my skills are incredibly useful in the normal vanilla world. It feels delightfully wrong to know as I am, say, binding a table to a roof, that in my world these rope skills aren't meant for something as mundane as a piece of furniture.

There was one time a couple of years ago, when I went on an adventure with a huge cast of characters, most of them circus performers in one way or another. We were traveling in a huge bus, and there were several occasions when something big needed to be tied either to the roof or inside the vehicle.

There were three of us who argued over how it should be done: the Domme, the Sailor, and the Tree-Sitter. It felt like a scene out of a joke.

And we definitely laughed about it. I must say, however, despite our debating, between the three of us, that binding was accomplished quickly and effectively.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Utility.

Yes, there is an implicit utility in knowing how to wrestle which must come in handy from time to time. Oddly, very few folks whom I have wrestled have ever really used the skills "for real".

Still, you suggest a number of other attributes that resonate with me: playful confrontation, a really good work out, ALL the hormones coursing,building confidence, gender boundary exploration,sweating profusely without being bored, messing at the sexual boundaries,and maybe most of all, some sort of honest, intense, actually rather primal struggle which in the end depends completlely on trust.

How could one not like all this stuff?

Arianna Realis said...

Hi, Freeman, its nice to hear from you!

I was just thinking about you the other day...

And thanks for your two cents.

It is really good stuff. I think it is possible to find the themes of trust and primal struggle in other forms as well. There are many ways into those deeper, raw parts of ourselves. The trust required is special indeed.

Anonymous said...

You said "Well, I will like you much better if we consensually set that up as a roleplay"
We don't care if you like or not we want to be in your full or half Nelson!!!

Anonymous said...

You are soooo sexy by the way.