Friday, December 07, 2007

...But she looked so sweet!


(image courtesy of Larry Utley)

On the topic of skills that come in handy, definitely my knowledge of wrestling and ability of moving quickly has come in super useful in the real world.

Unfortunately, many men seem to think that is okay to touch women without their consent. I am not actually talking about the more violent forms of this, but the little ways in which strangers seem to think its okay to put their hands on my waist or on the small of my back when talking to me.

For some reason, this seems to be an acceptable norm in most of this society, and it drives me nuts. I absolutely hate the way some men assume that just because they find me attractive it is oaky to interact with me in this way. Respectful conversation and flirting is one thing. Sloppy putting of hands where they shouldn't be is another.

I have had a couple of interactions with somewhat drunk men trying to hit on me, who have done this....and they did not get the usual awkward laughter and gentle moving away.

Instead they found themselves in a full or half nelson (that is the quickest and most natural hold that I find myself doing in this situation) and they were quickly pushed to their knees and humiliated. I have done this on a number of occasions.

Most random dudes are not expecting this. But I bet even in their next-day hazy memory of the night before this is one lesson they would not forget.

And I have to admit - it feels pretty awesome for me, to turn around what is annoying and disrespectful into a lesson. Its pretty empowering, and I feel pretty bad-ass for it.

Now....some of you out there probably wish you were the guy who found himself surprisingly in that full or half nelson. Well, I will like you much better if we consensually set that up as a roleplay. When I win in those pre-negotiated situations, that is when I feel most bad-ass and have the most fun.

(So if you get any bad ideas, make sure you get that hottie's consent before you act it out!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Arianna,

Are you back in San Francisco yet? I just moved here to the Bay Area not too long ago. I'm wondering if we can set up a match together. I'm 25 years old, 6'1 185 lbs. very fit, brownish blond hair and blue eyes. I sent an email to your yahoo email address as well with some pictures in it. Here is my yahoo ID if you have YAHOO MESSENGER :

Swksdude2005@yahoo.com


Hope to hear from you soon! Talk later beautiful ;)



MARK