Friday, December 09, 2005

the city at twilight

It has been a couple weeks now since I last posted.

Thanksgiving, friend's birthdays, the end of the semester rapidly closing in...have all kept me past my ears - to the tips of my red curls running about. It has been good. I enjoy being so diversely engaged with the world around me.

I have also enjoyed some really satisfying play, as some of my old friends have found me after my six month hiatus from the Domination world, and as some delightful newcomers and I have gotten to know one another.

And as I was just riding my bicycle through the city, I noticed one again, the smile growing on my face. I swerve quickly in between cars, and soar over a hill, towards the sparkling deep reds and purples - twinkling reflections in the tall city buildings in the near distance. This smile has been growing on my face over the past several weeks, as I have awakened into a deepening gratitude for the richness of my existence.

School, work, art, play, and people are all active parts of my daily reality. And every single one of these things are incredibly beautiful - and become parts of one another in a pleasant blurring of lines. All and all, I am experiencing a nice balance of receiving the gifts each of these things have to offer me, and me sending back some love, work, and honest commitment into the world.

As I remain open and highly aware of the harsh realities of the world - I can get incredibly angry with the horrendous injustices I see and know about. So it is nice, to also step back and appreciate that which is beautiful.

Thank you all who are a part of my life and a part of making that possible.

And now for some stories....

No comments: